One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Let it do what it do

This weekend I saw the movie "Ray" with Jamie Foxx....I understand and appreciate why he got an Oscar, twas fabulous. I spurted a few tears at the end when..well, I won't spoil it.

I also watched "National Treasure" with Nicholas Cage. Also a good flick, means I need to read the "Davinci Code" now, or so my sister has decided. I did notice one thing, not about the movie either....the bad guy was Sean Bean. Does this man ever do any movies where he is not a total asshole? I mean geez...I've seen him in three or four movies and he is always foul. He needs to be a nice guy at least once..and no, Boromir does not count, though he started out fine he did end up being an asshat.

Saturday, I finally decided to go forward with an instrument. I'm not sure if I posted this or not, but I've been thinking about taking up music lessons. I like learning new things, so why not. Well, this weekend I talked myself in to it for good and bought a violin and signed up for a month of lessons to start this Saturday. I'm stoked and scared all at the same time. Wish me luck.

Not too much going on right now....I'm starting to think more and more about school staring in two months....and quitting this job I tried so hard to get...I'm getting nervous, but it will pass. At this point, I have two options: quit and go to school full time (read=day time) and work at night or stay where I am and don't finish school. I want to finish, I want my bachelors in social work because I want a masters in social work by my 35th birthday if at all possible. I'll even settle for 36. Soooo, I've got to get on the stick.